YOU DO NOT NEED TO LEAVE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, PERSONAL or
OTHER CONTACT INFORMATION.
What to Report
Provide complete and accurate information as you know it, such as:
* Description of the crime or incident (provide as many details as you can)
* Date of the crime or incident
* Name of suspect
* Make, model, license plate, and/or color of a vehicle that may be involved
* Names of other individuals who may be involved
* Where suspect lives, works or can be found
Fighting Crime works with the police, the media, and the community to create a confidential flow of information about crime and criminals. At the heart of Fighting Crime is the anonymous tip, often provided by a confidential phone call.
The Anonymous Tip
Tipsters call the Fighting Crime tips line (252) 406-6736 and speak with a Fighting Crime coordinator. This line does not provide caller ID, and conversations are not recorded. Information gleaned from the call is given to an investigating officer. Tips received can include responses to requests for information publicized by the media or other crimes the caller knows about.